Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My College Workout Routine

Hey friends,
     I'm only taking 4 classes this semester, so I only spend about 2 hours per day in class. That means I  have no excuse to avoid exercise (though, on many occasions I find those excuses). Ideally, I try to workout at the gym at least 3x a week. To not get bored I mix up what I do each day.
    I LOVE ZUMBA. My college's gym offers a 45 minute Zumba class every Tuesday, and I make an effort to be there. The time flies by, because it's really fun. Don't worry, you don't need rhythm. Everyone there looks silly, so it doesn't matter. Try it! If you are nervous to do it in front of people or don't have a gym membership, there are plenty of Zumba songs on YouTube.


     Another class I always try to make it to is yoga. The one my school offers is on Fridays and its  "Relaxation Yoga". It's a perfect way to get in a quick workout, while winding down from your week and easing into the weekend. Yoga is one of my favorite modes of exercise, so I was really happy when I found out my school offered it. If I can't do anything, I try to at least do a sun salutations.



     When I'm not doing a class, I usually use the arc trainer, elliptical, or bike. The arc trainer is my new favorite. I don't know why, but I find it less monotonous than the elliptical or bike. I definitely get bored easily working out, so often times, I'll bring flash cards to study on the bike. It gets me to focus on studying and it gets 2 tedious things out of the way in the same 30 minute session.


    I switch it up sometimes and try a boxing class or use free weights sometimes, but I mostly stick to Zumba, Yoga, and the arc trainer. I love having a gym on campus, because it's less than a 5 minute walk from my dorm. We'll see if I keep up my good exercise habits when it gets cold out...

Thanks for visiting! What do you do to stay active?
Sierra Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment