Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My Mascara Routine

Hi friends,
     Mascara routine? That sounds weird, right? I'm very particular about how I apply my mascara, though, so I thought I could take you through my process. It's pretty quick and the best method I've found to avoid spidery lashes and dark smudging under the eyes.

Fight clumpy, smudged, and undefined lashes!
What I use:

  • Maybelline Great Lash in Very Black.
    • You know, the one in the green and pink bottle. It's my favorite over any fancy brand.
    • I don't like the ones that claim to add length, because sometimes they have those tiny black lines in them that can clump weird or fall. I dunno, they irritate my eyes. 
  • Maybelline Great Lash in Clear.
    • I hear it can be substituted with Vaseline and a clean mascara wand, but I dunno if it would seal the black mascara well. I'd be worried it wouldn't hold.
  • OPTIONAL: A dry mascara wand
    • I just wipe off the clear mascara wand, but that wastes the clear mascara, so I would like to have a plain wand.

Process: 
  1. If  have liquid liner on, I wipe off my lashes with a little piece of paper towel, to get the eyeliner clumps off.
  2. I use a dry wand, be it a new wand or the clear one that has been cleaned, to comb through my lashes and make sure they're all separate and clear of excess makeup. Think of it kinda like combing one's hair. 
  3. I do a coat of black mascara on the top lashes.
  4. I comb through my top lashes again.
  5. Add a coat of clear mascara to top lashes
  6. Let dry (which takes like 2 seconds)
  7. Comb through one last time.
  8. Add a coat of clear mascara to the bottom lashes. 
     Clear mascara is definitely a staple in my makeup bag. It seals the black mascara on my top lashes. It also adds enough definition to the bottom lashes without risking black mascara smudges to the under eye area. I even use it to set my eyebrows in place. Sometimes, I skip the black mascara all together. Doing this, I can rub my eyes without mascara smearing on my hand and face. Honestly, that mishap's pretty likely to happen to me, because I don't wear makeup a lot, so I can forget I'm wearing any. I'd definitely recommend buying a tube.

     I hope this little mascara blurb was helpful. It works for me, maybe it'll work for you, too. Do you have any mascara tips/preferences? If so, share them in the comments!

Thanks for visiting,
Sierra Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment