Saturday, July 19, 2014

Hair Phases & Preparing For a Pixie

Hi friends,
     I had long hair for most of my life, but these past few years I started playing around at the salon. Layers, no layers, bangs, no bangs. A couple months ago, I cut it to my shoulders, but my most recent hairstyle is pixie cut. Ahh! It's so short! I love it, though. If you're curious, here are some of my most recent hairstyles:

1 year ago Long Layers

6 months ago Long Bob

3 months ago Shorter Bob

Right now Pixie

      A pixie cut can be a scary thing, so I suggest being well-prepared by knowing what you want before you walk into the salon. I poured over Pinterest photos before I decided I wanted a cut like Michelle Williams. 

Front

     I'd suggest finding a picture of the back of a pixie haircut, because, as I learned once I was in the salon chair, there are multiple ways to cut the back. 

Back

     Virtual Hair Stylers are also a great way to visualize what you'd look like with a different haircut. Some of my favorites are Taaz, Instyle, and Seventeen. They are also fun to just play around with. :)


     My last piece of advice is don't over think it. It is easy to go from preparing to completely stressing out over your new hairdo. Bottom line: it is just hair. It will grow back so experiment and have fun with it! If you have recently gotten a hair makeover, feel free to post your before and after photos in the comments. I'd love to see your new looks!

Thanks for visiting,
Sierra Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment